Saturday, June 19, 2010

Playing With Toys

I'm feeling abit nostalgic right now. I don't know if it's the cold that I'm having, my sore throat (Kareoke-thanks, Isaac Arvind and Mars. Heh), or listening to jiwang Rachael Yamagata songs, or the number of movies I watched today.


But erm yea, Toy Story 3 made me miss my childhood days :(

From my primary school years - albeit not being a very outspoken person at the time, I still miss playing in the playground in the evenings and bitching about other kids/teachers and staying up late to finish my homework because I wanted to watch tv earlier (or even doing the homework during morning assembly) - and all the way to my Secondary School days where it had been one of the best moments in my life. So many memories that I'm sure I will forget one day, though I really don't want to. It's just so sad, as I was watching Andy all 17 and going to college. It's really all of us, in that transition of letting go of our past and venturing out to make new ones. It's tough to let go of something you're so comfortable with, especially that something that you've been holding dear for so many years. But its inevitable, and we all face it, don't we? The toys' story are symbolic to some of the hurdles and accomplishments we all went through in those adolescent times.

Bittersweet. Bittersweet indeed. But you know what? It's always a happy ending! (AWW!)

It's really cool to have watched this. I'd want to watch it again, and try to make myself the little gedik girly who's watching Toy Story for the first time. I want to have Bo Peep as my favourite toy and and hate Sid for being a terrible meany to all those precious toys. And Hannah :| Oh! and have Woody and Buzz as my favourite heroes. They so the hebat.
This is just an expression of how I relate to the movie. It is in no way commenting or promoting the movie. All I'm saying is, give it a go, and imagine yourself being in Andy's shoes.

xoxo

No comments: